Government has identified that apprenticeships are key to addressing skills shortages. To this end, employers have contributed to developing new Apprenticeship Standards which outline the knowledge, skills and behaviours that they would expect to see for specific job roles.
Each Apprenticeship Standard is accompanied by an Assessment Plan which describes how the knowledge, skills and behaviours are to be independently assessed at the end of the apprenticeship As an approved End-Point assessment Organisation, QFI is able to assess the those shown below.
QFI’s contribution to the delivery of Apprenticeships in England
QFI’s End Point Assessment Organisation
All apprentices in England must go through an independent end-point assessment which is a general assessment of the knowledge, skills and behaviours learned through undertaking an apprenticeship programme.
Through QFI’s End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) we are able to offer end point assessment to independently make sure that apprentices meet the standards set by employers and are confirmed fully competent in their chosen occupations.
For further information on QFI’s EPAO services please email your enquiry to: email@example.com
Standards that QFI is approved to end-point assess:
Advanced Carpentry and Joinery: Advanced Carpentry and Joinery Information Sheet
Asbestos Analyst/ Surveyor:
Bricklayer: Bricklayer Information Sheet
Carpentry and Joinery: Carpentry and Joinery Information Sheet
Construction Assembly and Installation Operative:
Demolition Operative: Demolition Info Sheet
Digital Engineering Technician: Digital Eng 02 Info Sheet
Engineering Construction Pipefitter: Info sheet Engineering Construction Pipefitter
Engineering Construction Erector/ Rigger: Info sheet Eng Construction Erector_Rigger STO433
Engineering Design and Draughtsperson: EDD Info Sheet
Fencing Installer: Info sheet Fencing Installer STO366
Formworker: Formworker Info Sheet
General Welder (arc processes): General Welder -Arc Processes Information Sheet
Geospatial Survey Technician: Geospatial Survey Technician Information Sheet
Groundworker: Groundworker Information Sheet
Highways Maintenance Skilled Operative: HMSO Info Sheet
Hire Controller (Plant, Tools and Equipment):
Industrial Coatings Applicator: Coatings 02 Info Sheet
Laboratory Technician: Lab Tech Info Sheet
Lifting Technician: Lifting Technician Info Sheet
Metal Fabricator: Info sheet Metal Fabricator STO607
Painter and Decorator: Info sheet Painter and Decorator STO295
Piling Attendant: Piling Info Sheet
Plasterer: Plasterer Information Sheet V2
Project Controls Technician: Info sheet Project Controls Technician STO163
Steel Fixer: SF 02 Info Sheet V2
Tunnelling Operative: Tunnelling Operative Information Sheet
Wireless Communications Rigger: Info sheet Wireless Communications Rigger STO616
Further information on Apprenticeships in England
Who pays for Apprenticeships?
Where an employer pays the levy, the funding for apprenticeship training comes from this. Where an employer does not pay the levy then they must contribute 10% of the cost of the apprentices training, and the Government pays the rest (90%). Each apprenticeship is set a Funding Band which indicates the maximum contribution that can be made from the levy pot or from Government.
Can employers do the training part?
Anyone that provides apprenticeship training must be on the Education and Skills Funding Agency’s Register of Approved Apprenticeship Training Providers. Employers can apply to be on this Register in order to deliver training to their own employees.
How are Apprentices trained?
Apprentices must spend at least 20% of their time in ‘off the job’ training. This doesn’t necessarily mean that they must leave the workplace, but they should not be doing their day to day work. They may for example be in meetings, learning on-line, shadowing etc. There is further guidance as to what this can involve.
How are Apprenticeships assessed?
All of the new Apprenticeship Standards have an ‘end-point assessment’ that is conducted by an independent organisation towards the end of the apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships are also graded, e.g. pass/ merit/ distinction, and all successful apprentices are awarded a full apprenticeship certificate.
What is QFI’s role in the delivery of Apprenticeships in England?
QFI is approved as an End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) for specific Standards. QFI’s End point Assessment Organisation develops assessment materials, approves assessors and assesses apprentice’s using the methods that employers have chosen and documented in the Assessment Plan that accompanies each Standard.
For further information on QFI’s End Point Assessment Organisation please email your enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org